Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Week of Organization: Day 1

Now that I have folded the laundry, yes I got it before it wrinkled.. whoo hoo! (Not that I mind ironing but the problem is we don't own an iron or ironing board as of yet), and now that my tummy is full of french toast and sausages I can plan how I want to organize this week! (plan and organize in the same sentence, I'm starting to scare myself)


Here is what I have done so far to start in my week long organization extravaganza:



  • I just finished sorting my coupons into envelopes. It was quite the job since I have been saving coupons for about a month but I am sure that it will be worth it when I score the big deals coming up!
  • Started making a master list of meals that Jake and I like to eat and make so meal planning will be a little easier
  • Aaaaand... that's about all. 
Tomorrow, as I have just been informed by my husband, one of our couple friends are coming over tomorrow after work. I still have to dedicate a little time to organize SOMETHING.

Here is a tentative schedule to my week of organization.

Monday: Coffee Table. We have a very large coffee table that collects stuff daily. Tomorrow I will sort the stuff and place in piles and find a home for everything that currently resides on our under the table. 

Tuesday: Clothes and Closet. As I am typing this I just got a call about babysitting my nephew on Tuesday, but I should still have some time to sort out some clothes. If I don't get time to do clothes and closet or am too tired. I shall do a meal plan for the next couple weeks and grocery list.

Wednesday: Bathroom. I need to find containers to put toiletries and blowdryer/straightener etc in. I also need to do a thorough cleaning and perhaps find a better plug to plug that bathtub since I love having bubble baths so much.

Thursday: Bedroom. Rearrange the bedroom. Set up the stereo, change the bedding, add some window treatments, put some dividers in the drawers. 

Friday: Extra stuff, probably the bedroom, that didn't get done. Oh I know, my craft area or lack there of. So far, my craft stuff..is everywhere.

I still have to think of something to do on Saturday, but if it's all done by then I will be happy. 

I will keep you posted and keep me accountable to this please. 
i shall take pictures of the after and perhaps before. and any tips I come across to help with this organization process. 

That's all for now. I am tired just thinking about what is to come this week. This organizing is going to take place AFTER work, which I am usually always tired from. 


2 comments:

  1. Melissa, our goal this week was to clean the fridge. There was mold growing on top of the squishy stuff around the door.

    There is an ironing board/dry erase board for sale at Joanns. Check out the back to school section. It's really cool! There are also matching mini baskets there to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! I just love reading how others are organizing. Thanks for sharing.


    I would love it if you could stop by my very first blog hop debuting today and share this post!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete