Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Organizing my life: Getting Priorities Straight

I got to sleep in this morning since I work at 1pm today. I went to bed about 11:30 although I fell asleep on the couch about an hour earlier because I had a headache.
I woke up this morning still with this headache.
I went to the kitchen to look for something for breakfast. I opened the freezer and thought about eating an ice cream sandwich. WHAT?! It hit me, I was like "what am I doing? haha, eating ice cream for breakfast?"
I did my devotions and took some aspirin with my tea to help with my headache.
I realized then that I really need to get healthy... I REALLY do. How many times have I said it? a MILLION. Instead of sleeping in this morning, I should have gotten up and do some sort of exercise or even cleaning. I did end up making oatmeal with strawberries for breakfast.. which after eating I noticed my headache was gone and I felt very awake!

So, all that to say. Day 1: Healthy Lifestyle Change.

  • Eat breakfast every morning- oatmeal with some sort of fruit. I rarely get enough fruit. In fact I NEVER get enough fruit. Jake eats fruit and so it shouldn't be too hard since there is fruit in the fridge. 
  • Light exercise each morning. Swimming or walk. 

There you have it. Only two, but two I am going to stick to until I have made it a habit or at least stick to it for a few days and feel like I can add some more challenges to the mix.

Well I am going to get ready for work and go for a quick walk.










1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I keep thinking similar things. I've been watching Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition on Monday nights, and they loose about 100 lbs in the 1st 3 month.... why can't I loose like 10 lbs. That's all I want. I figure if I can just workout and eat like a crazy person for a couple weeks I should be able to loose it right??

    ReplyDelete