Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Sprinkle for Sister in Law.

Last weekend I hosted a baby sprinkle for Angie! (sister in law).
It was a ton of fun planning what games to play, how to decorate and what to cook.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches and Diaper Cake made by Mother in law.
I forgot to take pictures of the party so I stole some from Angie's facebook. :)
The spread.


Emma Banner I made from felt. Now is going to Emma's Nursery.


Cupcakes. First time I had made buttercream icing.




Angie opening CUTE gifts!




Adorable diaper cake made by Cristy! 


Playing games





We started with lunch which consisted of chicken salad sandwiches, coffee, punch, butternut squash soup, cupcakes and melanie's chocolate chip cookies!

I got the butternut squash soup idea from my mom who makes it a few times during the cold winter months. In my opinion it is a great soup for winter and one of my favs!


Butternut squash soup
From My Mom's Kitchen
(Skinny "cream" Soups)  becuase they don't have heavy cream:
1/ Combine one each chopped onion, carrot and celery stalk in large pot with 2 cans (10oz)
chicken broth and 3 cans water. Bring to boil and cook 5-10 minutes until tender.
2/  Add  4 cups chopped veggies, 1/2 cup Minute Rice, salt and pepper to taste and 1-2 tsp nutmeg.  Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender.   Pour in 1 can of milk.
3/  Puree soup in batches using blender or food processor and return to pot and gently heat on lowuntil warm. Makes 4 serving size 1-1/2 cup size. 


After lunch Angie opened gifts while I passed around yarn and scissors. Everyone guessed the circumference of Angie's belly. Cristy won that and I had Lavender bath soaps etc for the winners of all the games.

My gift for Angie was from Seren Fach Boutique. Four little flower clips that attach to a stretchy lace headband.

After gift opening we played a couple more games. The game of things with a baby spin and during the party there were a couple words that we were not allowed to say. Cute and Baby. Three clothes pins were given to each guest and if someone heard you say one of the words the person who said the word would have to give a clothespin to the person that heard them. It was VERY hard especially when Angie opened all the cute clothes and all you wanted to say was OOO how CUTE!

And that is about all.

2 comments:

  1. :D you are the best! ;) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had known the frosting was homemade - I would have eaten one!

    ReplyDelete