Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No Poo Hair-Do

My hair. I love it, but I hate it. haha. I love having long hair but living where we are now, we have hard water and I have noticed the adverse effect it has on my hair. The most annoying thing is it tangles so easily. I have fine hair but a lot of it.

Starting this month I am going to do an experiment and post the results on my blog.
The other day I rinsed my hair with vinegar and noticed my hair felt softer and shinier.

So I am researching and experimenting with keeping my hair healthy and nice looking without using the traditional shampoos and conditioners.. yes that is right.. I am not going to use shampoo for a month. And if this goes well.. for life! haha

I am going to start off with using baking soda to rid my hair of the oils and dirts and rinse with apple cider vinegar. We shall see how this works. It is hard to say because I have heard that it takes a while for your scalp to adjust to this kind of treatment. The scalp has to adjust to the oils it normally produces since your hair wouldn't be as dried out from harsh detergents. So my hair might look greasy for a month.. so I am going to try to stick it out and hopefully by March my hair will look improved.

I think I will add some essential oils to my homemade "Shampoo" as well.
Maybe lavender or somethin.

That's all for now!
I am hoping to get my hair highlighted for a bday present with any money i get for my bday. we shall see!

1 comment: