Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Little of Everything.

As you may have read earlier today started off kinda crummy and both of us being sick made things look worse. It turns out our day ended rather nicely.
    BuzzBee hitched a ride to work with his sister Daisy. I decided to ride my bike over to his work and have a lil supper there to keep him company. Monday nights are VERY slow. It was rainy and wore the wrong kind of shoes for this weather but BuzzBee was happy to see me. I was the only one there and BuzzBee waited on me. I ordered cheesy potato soup, ham sandwhich and pop. It was a special and I also got the employee discount because Buzzbee ate some of it too. It was delicious! Buzzbee was allowed to leave early because it was so slow he only had to vacuum and then he could leave. He was on his way to vacuum and came back and gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek while I ate my soup. It gave me butterflies. 
It was about 745 when he was allowed to leave and I just finished eating. We walked back together since we are car-less right now. We stopped at Hutch's on the way home to get some juice. Buzzbee is hoping that getting some fruit and vitamins in us will help with our colds. There was no orange juice under 5 dollars...which is ridiculous. We spotted some applejuice that was on sale for 1.97 regularly 2.97. I had a coupon for that apple juice for a dollar off! so the apple juice was 97cents! SCORE! I love saving money. 
So we walked back.. it took us about half hour. We both really enjoyed the walk and decided we should go for evening walks more often. I love Buzzbee soo much!

A Couple of Simple Recipes:

Popcorn: I know I know, but someone out there may not know how to do this.

Sure you can make microwave popcorn pretty easily, but I am not so sure its very healthy for you. I've heard some not so good things about the chemicals they use in the bag to keep it from leaking. They are supposed to have come up with something different by the year 2011 or it comes off the shelf.

I prefer homemade popcorn anyways. I received an air popper(?) for a shower gift but after one use it stopped working as efficiently so I now make it on the stove. 

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (tip: be sure that you store kernels in airtight container or the fridge. kernels can become stale and do not pop as well)
  • 1/4 vegetable oil (I don't like to use olive oil because I find it can catch on fire pretty easily.. and no one wants that!)
  • 1/8 cup Melted butter or margarine (use as little or as much as you like) 
  • dashes of salt
What To Do
  • Firstly pour 1/4 cup vegetable oil in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot that has a lid.
  • Place pot on burner on med-high heat
  • Drop a single kernel into the pot
  • Put the lid on and wait
  • While you are waiting, melt butter or margarine on the stove or microwave (this is to butter your popcorn if you so desire)


  • When you hear or notice the kernel has popped pour 1/2 cup of kernels into the pot and replace the lid. (if you pot is smaller just use enough kernels to cover the bottom in a single layer, if you put too many in it will burn)
  • The popcorn will start popping. Shake it around a bit on the burner. I shake it back and forth on the burner pretty vigorously so it doesn't burn. It pops pretty quickly so make sure you don't take the lid off or it would pop all out.
  • Once the popping stops pour into a bowl immediately
  • Pour melted butter over top and salt to taste. Shake it around.
  • Enjoy!

HoneyBee Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can chili beans
  • 1-2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 can of chili ready tomatoes
  • dash of onion flakes
  • sprinkle of chili powder
What to Do:
  • Firstly brown the ground beef

  • Put browned ground beef in crock pot set on low


  • add both cans of beans and tomatoes



  • add onion flakes and chili powder and whatever other spices you want
  • Stir it up a bit
  • Cover and let sit for hours...like 6-8 is best on low.
Very easy and Very tasty! I was happy with the outcome of this chili. 
I also made cornbread muffins and grated cheese to go with the chili. Yummm
Enjoy!

I am going to work on my flower clip for my hair that I am making from my dress to wear to the wedding on sat!
I will make a tutorial on that later!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go on couponing and having them with you at the time! also I love apple juice! Nick and I are both sick right now too so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete